I just loved this picture that helps anyone break through their individual roadblocks to realizing their full potential. Believe it or not these guys are not really floating above the earth. It looks like that but they have actually jumped that high and the photographer caught this amazing shot. But, suspend your judgment for a moment and explore the possibilities this picture invites.
Now refocus your attention to your existing network and ask yourself the following questions:
1. Who in your network will play to your strengths?
2. Who will cover your weaknesses?
3. What one person would you like to meet if you could network with anyone in the world? What qualities does that person have? List them and then look for people who have similar qualities.
4. What top three industry leaders does your network listen to the most?
5. What top three leaders in all other industries do they most admire?
6. What if the network you had comprised of only top performers? What qualities would they have? What qualities do you have to would complement theirs?
7. How can you listen better every day? Top-performing networkers are top listeners.
8. Who is one person you know who helps others in the organization above and beyond his or her own work responsibilities?
9. What one thing would you like to be doing or do differently that you are not doing now. (e.g. have great meetings that lead to new business or design a program that comes in under budget and on time).
10. What would it look, sound, feel like to be more successful in your networking?
Any of these questions can be used to get you thinking in ways that will help you take your networking to “the next level.” Please feel free to offer up some answers here. I will also be sharing these with my Networlding Group on LinkedIn. Please join the discussion there also by clicking here.