Achieving book marketing success in this business world is tough enough when you have lots of money to throw at marketing but what do you do when you don’t have lots of money? Below is an idea I think you will truly benefit from. It involves LinkedIn and Groups and connecting to select people in your target market who might be ready, willing and able to help you and, of course for you to help them.
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Go into LinkedIn Groups and click on the members link inside.
- In the search box, type in a relevant search for your target market. See this link to access a template that would be helpful to send a query.
- See the two-step query process I have created at the end of the table where you will input your list.
- Send the first part of the query letter.
- Wait for a response. If you don’t get one within a couple of days or perhaps a week, follow up. Note that now LinkedIn has a special feature called “Relationship” which is just below someone’s profile picture. Here you can set a reminder for yourself to reconnect with a targeted connection within a short amount of time. This feature will help you stay connected and move from an “awareness” campaign to a “conversion” campaign helping you close more book sales faster and better.
Your goal should be to find people who are natural strong promoters. These people are very easy to find on LinkedIn. Over the past eleven years since LinkedIn started more and more authors are using it to not just get new readers for their books but to find promoters and distributors for their books.
Take for example the health care professional who builds relationships with other key promoters such as fitness specialists who would use his book to help promote their practice. Both parties are benefiting from the book that helps educate people on targeted health practices. See #2 above. Great connections create great new business opportunities.
Meanwhile, if you would like to jump into our Never Ending Book Writing and Marketing Mastery Course click here. Once you are in you receive strategies, tactics, resource connections and weekly learning sessions (all recorded with study guides) for as long as you wish.