I recently caught up with Jack Trytten, President at Insight Direction, Inc., Management / Marketing Consulting out of Chicago. He shared with me an overview of his latest book, The G Point-How to Turn Your Business into a Growth Machine. I read a lot of business books, especially marketing books, and I can honestly say this one is one of my favorites.
It’s chock full of wonderful case studies, one after the other, showing what they were doing before and after Jack provided a more effective process for their growth. Take a moment to read over the following Q&A session with Jack:
1. Why did you decide to write this particular book?
Too many people that I was meeting through my speaking were not understanding the key principles of how to turn their companies into growth machines. I thought that a more focused book would help people understand.
2. How is this book different from others on the market focused on your area of expertise?
While there are many books in marketing directed at growth, none approach it by examining this understanding of marketing. Too many books view growth as pushing the current products. They aren’t focused on engaging their customers over the longer term through meeting their changing needs.
3. What are the top three benefits for people reading your book?
- They will have a better understanding of marketing strategy and how to drive growth
- They will better execute marketing tactics to create a loyal customer base
- They will develop a stronger new product development program
4. What one story can you share that is a sort of signature story for your book?
I particularly like the Ingersoll-Rand, GE, ITW stories. There is no one that is a signature story.
5. What’s will readers do differently after your book?
They will think very differently about how to grow their business — and create a growth machine.For more information on Jack, visit the following sites: