Blogs have been wildly successful for increasing activity to a company’s website but, more importantly, giving their company a name and a face. People really connect with your company when they can read a message from Bob the designer about the latest project we are working on.
Blogs are also one of the best marketing strategies, second only to email marketing. The goal here is for you to combine the two to create the best results for your marketing efforts. Done right, you blog will become a very successful communication tool to engage your “iffy” prospects to your most loyal customers.
What is the future of blogs?
Company blogs are fast becoming a powerful way to draw traffic and convince your customers and/or clients that you have the strongest ideas and products in your marketplace. In this “Relationship Age,” the ability to put names and faces to your company is invaluable and companies are starting to see blogging as the perfect vehicle to do that.
Think of using your blog more as a way to reveal the human faces behind your company. When your blog expresses a natural enthusiasm for your products, a genuine interest in the needs of your customers and reveals the people who work for them, you are on the right track. This is the future of your blog.
How will my blog be different from my website?
At its core, a blog, short for weblog, is a website. It will:
• Put you on the cutting edge. Frequent changes in your industry can reflect your thought leadership and position you rapidly as a leader in your industry. New information can be updated at any time.
• Help you get closer to your audience of readers. Who knows who writes what you see on most company websites? Your blog can carry a much more personal and unique voice which puts a human face on your company and gives it a personality.
• Develop an exchange. Utilizing your blog as forum for conversation, you can invite feedback, or comments, from your readers, which are then published alongside the article or entry about which the comment is made. Thus, your blog can be useful in obtaining free research and can tie people closer to a company by making them feel involved by commenting.
The most important thing to keep in mind about creating a blog is that, by their nature, need to be authentic. A blog that is just a bunch of promotional marketing speak will get nothing but derision from its viewers.
Why should your company or you have a blog?
Blogging is a way to communicate to your audience on a personal, one-on-one level. The feedback that a company can receive via a blog is tremendous and invaluable.
Company blogs are used for many purposes, most falling within the realm of PR and Marketing. However, blogs can do much more:
• Feature company news
• Assist in brand development
• Increase search-engine rankings
• Deliver product information
• Generate buzz
• Develop community
• Increase website traffic
• Enhance sales
• Boost your online presence
• Position you as an expert in your field
• Share knowledge
How can a blog help my company turn negative feedback into positive change?
One of the best things about a blog is that they are interactive. They are a great medium for feedback about what is working and opportunities your company has. The key is to use the feedback to your advantage. You have a free focus group here. Listen to the comments and reap the benefits.
In addition, your blog can become a place where you “talk” to your customers. You have the opportunity to answer questions, respond to requests, and connect with your customers.