When it comes to joining groups on LinkedIn there are many great tips I could suggest, but to begin, here are five to get you started:
- Engage in no more seven groups for optimum participation. Start with no more than seven groups. This is the optimal number you can participate in and effectively leverage your influence.
- Join local groups to develop relationships nearby that can lead to more network growth. Find those most active in the group and reach out and suggest a face-to-face meeting.
- Inside your groups, click on “Members” and look for others who would be good partners by using the search box on the left side of the page.
- Collect the best questions the group has to offer. I am constantly looking for great questions. They help me keep on at the cutting edge of my market.
- Look at those who are the top contributors and follow them. These people are pro-active “mavens” who are great people to add to your network.