It’s the weekend! How many of you feel, first, great, but then . . . hit a low?
Here are 20 things I promise I am not going to do this weekend so I really let go:
- I won’t think about the work I have piling up.
- I won’t spend more than twice a day looking at my emails.
- I won’t talk about business with my family or friends more than one hour.
- I won’t read business books. (I love business books but need a break from them!)
- I won’t watch any business shows (except for Shark Tank).
- I won’t think about any new business ideas.
- I won’t over eat (yes, I am getting into more personal things now).
- I won’t try to plan every moment of my day (in my case that includes asking my husband not to do that for me! :))
- I won’t lay around and do nothing (that’s never good for anyone and it gets you depressed) which leads me to:
- I won’t talk about depressing things.
- Therefore, I won’t go see a depressing movie (my husband, again, tries to push this envelope, but I have his number now and pre-screen all movies, plays and anything that could resemble something depressing).
- I won’t watch the news.
- I won’t read the paper (too much of a risk to see depressing things).
- I won’t stop thinking about good things. In other words, I’ll force myself to think positively.
- I won’t write anything. I usually write during the weekends but, this weekend, I’ll relax more.
- I won’t spend time worrying (of course easier said than done).
- I won’t stay in all weekend (no matter what, I know getting out for some fresh air is important (no matter the weather this weekend in Chicago!)
- I won’t stop imagining. (I have a strong imagination!)
- I won’t say negative things (if I can help it.)
- I won’t stop thinking of ways I can make a difference. (Yes, I am a Pollyanna.)
So what WON’T you do this weekend? Join me!