I was chatting with David Meerman Scott, bestselling author of The New Rules of PR and The New Rules of Marketing. By the way he is a great guy. He offered to help crowdsource the idea I came up with of helping one non-profit during Chicago’s Social Media Week where all events are free.
David said he would offer an idea to grow my chosen non-profit during social media week. I am focused on IC Stars, the wonderful organization that provides opportunities for inner-city young adults in Chicago to harness the strength of the Internet economy for social and economic empowerment.
If you are reading this blog post, join us! Here are some easy steps:
- Share ICStars with your network on Twitter. IC Stars’ Twitter name is @ICStarsChicago. Follow them and request those others in your network do the same.
- Check out the IC Stars Website.
- Send others to their site.
- Contribute one or more of the four T’s: time, treasures, talents or thoughts. If you want to donate to IC Stars, click here.
- Come up with other great social media ideas and share them in the comments, below.
Let’s all work together to see what great things we can do together to help IC Stars grow and prosper. I’ll keep you updated on the interesting strategies and tactics you and others come up with.