There are obviously dozens of things you need to be asking yourself before you make the decision to write a book. Here is a checklist to help you decide whether the time is right for you to take action:
- Have you always thought about writing a book but aren’t sure how to go about getting it published?
- Do you have the time and willingness to put in the considerable effort it takes to write and promote your book and yourself as an author?
- Are you willing to accept constructive feedback/criticism from proven industry professionals on how to make your manuscript as strong and well-written as it can possibly be?
- Is your idea/vision for your book something that is unique to the category in which you are writing?
- Have you researched competitive titles to see what your book’s competition is? Have you determined how your book is better/more unique than what has already been published within your subject of expertise?
- Do you need assistance in developing an outline/structure for your manuscript and help in defining your vision?
- Are you looking for hands-on assistance from a team of experienced publishing professionals to work with you step-by- step – from the writing process through the marketing and promotion of your finished book?
- Are you looking to ramp up your speaking platform and are tired of being told by speaker’s bureaus that you need a book before they will consider you?
- Have you researched other self-publishing programs and are put off by their pricing or confused by their royalty computations?
- Do you have a limited budget and are looking for the best quality assistance at the lowest possible cost?
- Do you have a blog? Is your blog seamlessly integrated with the message of your book? Is your manuscript vetted for SEO optimization?
- If you are publishing through your organization/company, does your company have legal, regulatory, and/or non-disclosure or policy restraints that may prevent you from publishing your book?
Are there other things you think should be on this list? We would love to hear from you!