Melissa is President of Networlding and Networlding Publishing Inc. She is also the author of five bestsellers. Her latest book, Networking is Dead: Creating Connections that Matter, was a Wallstreet Journal and Barnes and Noble bestseller and her book, Networlding, was a #10 book on Amazon for an entire year.
In 2009 Melissa started Networlding Publishing, for thought leaders who want to write books that make a difference in the world. She found that she could make the biggest difference by following her “Power-of-Ten” Networlding process, helping 15 to 20 authors successfully write, publish and launch their books yearly.
Over the last six years, Melissa has taken her twenty years of experience in publishing to help almost 100 authors successfully write, publish and launch their books. Her clients have included people like the head of diversity for Hewitt, the president of Holland Cruise Lines, the head of a division of Allstate, the head of HR for the NBA, a seven-time Inc. 500 entrepreneur and thought leaders from many small and mid-sized companies around the world.
Most importantly, Melissa provides strategies, tips and tools to help you create, publish and market GREAT content that will take your business and/or career to the next level.
Melissa’s greatest passion is helping new adults get better starts in their lives and careers. Here, she mentors up to ten college graduates yearly, providing them with paid mentorships in book publishing and marketing. Recently, she started a non-profit with 501C3 status called SparkStart. Here, she provides, at no cost, the opportunity for her authors to launch their make-a-difference books as mentoring tools for disadvantaged new adults to get better starts in their lives.
Melissa lives in Chicago, with her amazing husband she named “Mr. Wonderful” before Kevin O’Leary of Shark Tank fame made it a million-dollar brand.
Melissa and her husband, thriller author and accomplished composer, Craig S Wilson have an amazing blended family and a special “Creative Room” where they write. This room has helped them stay true to being eternal creatives and for Melissa, it’s her spot for podcasts, book-author ghostwriting, coaching and mad, breakthrough marketing sessions where she helps deserving authors get noticed so they can pay their mortgages and live their lives as the pure creatives they wish to be.
The Networlding Team
There are dozens of freelancers who are top in their field who work with me when I take on work with an author. Showcased currently is our Publications Manager, Michael Nolan.
Michael is a publishing professional with more than twenty years in the industry. During that time he has been an author, acquisitions editor, development editor, project manager, and designer of print and digital media. His skills include:
- Internet and new media skills include content strategy, information architecture, usability, user experience, social media and mobile applications
- Design for packaging, advertising, editorial, branding/identity, web, software, and animation
- Author: Books, QuarkXPress Expert Techniques, Fine Art Photoshop, articles and blog posts
- Software expertise: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat; Microsoft Word and Excel
- Networker: with a worldwide range of contacts in the fields of design, publishing, politics, education, broadcast and print media
Why Should You Work with Melissa and Her Team?
Melissa works with no more than 20 authors, annually, to help you:
- Understand the writing, publishing, and book-launch process from start to finish.
- Move through the complex process of developing your book outline. Without a powerfully crafted outline, you aren’t going to have a powerful book.
- Create a powerful, captivating and engaging title, themes, storylines, and direction.
- Have your book ghostwritten by a team of ghostwriters and editors.
- Experience a pleasant, creative and even life-changing journey to getting your book out into the world.
- Provide you with a turnkey book creation experience–a “Done-for-You” experience,
- Provide you with expert coaching.
- Continuously give you one-on-one coaching, feedback, and critiques of your work and as much one-on-one attention as possible during our weekly calls.
- Give you access to the best resources and support in publishing and book launches.