So you have made it to an event or you find yourself in an opportunity to building your network. How do you increase the quality of your conversations and also ensure that you are not building the flimsy connections of a networker?
Here are some great conversation openers to initiate more solid relationships. With these suggestions you can also more quickly learn about the values of the people with whom you are connecting. Try these questions:
1. What interested you in attending this evening?
2. What is one thing you have done this week that has been really exciting?
3. What one quality matters most to you that people should have to work with you effectively?
4. Is there any person you would like to meet here tonight?
5. What one talent do you have that makes you most proud in your work?
This is only half the list of suggested questions. To receive a copy of the rest of the questions, email me for more information at melissa @ networlding.com.